CREW COORDINATOR (M/F)
Job type: Permanent
Date posted: 19.05.2021 Valid till: 26.05.2021
Job starting: 15th June 2021
Barklav it’s a Crew management company operating in the shipping industry, Offshore Oil & Gas and Wind sector, established back in 2000 as a joint-venture between Wilhelmsen Ship Management and Klaveness Ship Management.
Our “Brand Promise” is “a biz for people which try a little learn a lot, granting the right results, the right way”!
- Assist Operation Manager in day to day operations, follow up and communication towards crew/vessel/agents/suppliers;
- In charge with Crewing biz process as described below but not limited to:
- Assist Operation Manager in selection and recruitment process;
- Perform pre-joining activities: documents check, scan and upload in the system
- Arrange flag documents;
- Arrange for medical, vaccination as per instructions;
- Arrange visa for accepted candidates;
- Travel arrangements;
- Coordinate with the seafarer/agent/vessel/Client for a proper crew change process;
- Keep CMS (Crew Management System) updated all time with correct information/code;
- Scan all docs to new employees and have them inserted/uploaded in the CMS, file manual archive when relevant;
- Maintain the checklist process when there are new candidates for job vacancies to ensure business continuity and assist Crew Manager with the recruitment process;
- Ensure all applicants receive a rapid reply on status of application;
- Ensure a full understanding of the company’s emergency preparedness, keeping all Next of Kin details up to date;
- Assist with the updating of all crew related procedures, processes and handbook;
- Contribute to create a good working environment;
Qualification and experience:
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in a similar position, Maritime industry;
- Bachelor’s degree in maritime sector would be an advantage;
- Good communication skills and very good knowledge of English language;
- Very good computer literacy MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook),
- Open and flexible willing to learn and develop a successful career;
- An understanding of shipping industry’s particular demands will be an advantage;
The remuneration package on offer is a market competitive and oriented one, together with performance incentive and pension/health private scheme, included.
How to apply:
The successful candidate who meet the above-mentioned criteria, is willing to join a well-developed team and achieve a fruitful career in Crew Management sector is required to submit the detailed CV along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 26th May 2021. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.